Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Collapse of the Kansas City Chiefs....Who is to blame?

What happened to us? We were coming off a Division Title. We were one of the hottest teams in the league. And now? We are about to go on what i believe will be seven game losing streak. 

Well I will tell you what happened: besides the obvious injury bug excuse, this horrible season is to be blamed on one person, GM Scott Pioli. During this years draft I was speaking with fellow blogger Brett about “In Pioli We Trust!” Now I question that slogan every day. People want to blame Todd Haley about his coaching, but where did the players he coaches come from? They are brought in by Pioli. The international rule of thumb in professional sports is when the starter goes down its first man up. Well when key players went down who were the first men up? We traded Jamal Charles for Jackie Battle, Eric Berry for Sabby Piscitelli , Tony Moeaki for Lenard Pope, and now Matt Cassle for Tyler freaking Palko.

I was not the biggest Todd Haley fan when we hired him but I cannot call for his job if he has this team to work with. Now I was all for bringing in Pioli and having him bring all the New England Patriot swagger he could carry with him. I was blinded by the fact that to be the Patriots you need two things: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Clearly the Chiefs do not have either. Another thing I discovered from the Patriots dynasty years was the presence of Thomas Dimitroff who was the head of college scouting. Pioli was the third man on the decision making depth chart, and it is starting to show.

I just want to wrap this post up by saying everything that glitters is not gold. It is going to take some magic for me to trust Pioli after the product he sold me was this faulty.


Louie Thompson aka The Rookie Blogster

No comments:

Post a Comment